Cosmetic Dentistry in Fort Collins
Serving the Fort Collins, CO community
Your smile is one of your most valuable assets.
It allows you to express your identity confidently, so even a minor smile flaw can impact the way you feel about yourself and the way others see you.
At Buxton Family Dental, we know how important it is for our patients to look and feel their best. We want to help you achieve your goal of a healthy and attractive smile, and cosmetic dentistry at our Fort Collins dental office is the way to get you there.
Dr. Kendall Buxton uses only premium materials and works with the top custom dental labs in our area to deliver results that will meet and exceed your expectations.
Please call us at (970) 482-6333 to arrange your smile consultation so we can get started!
- Can you customize a smile makeover to fit my needs?
- What cosmetic dental treatments do you offer?
- How can cosmetic dentistry help me?
Bonding & Porcelain Veneers
- How can porcelain veneers improve my smile?
- How long does it take to get veneers?
- What’s an affordable alternative to porcelain veneers?
- What’s the difference between bonding and veneers?
Professional Teeth Whitening
- I don’t have time for in-office whitening. What options do you offer?
- Why is professional whitening better than store-bought products?
Can you customize a smile makeover to fit my needs?
At Buxton Family Dental, we use updated cosmetic dental treatments to personalize your makeover and help you enjoy your dream smile. Whether you want to boost the brightness of your smile or are considering a more dramatic transformation, we can customize a makeover that fits your unique needs.
Before we plan any cosmetic work, however, there are two questions we ask:
- What are your goals and expectations for a more attractive smile?
- Do you have a particular treatment in mind to reach your smile goals?
Dr. Buxton enjoys the blend of art and science that's required to provide high-quality cosmetic dentistry to our patients in Fort Collins. He will be happy to take all the time needed to listen to your concerns, answer your questions, and create a personalized treatment plan that helps you achieve your smile goals.
What cosmetic dental treatments do you offer?
Dr. Kendell Buxton loves helping our patients with a wide range of cosmetic treatments that solve just about any esthetic dental problem you are facing. He continues to learn about new advances in dental materials and techniques and has completed additional training in cosmetic dentistry.
- Tooth-colored fillings
- Porcelain veneers
- All-porcelain crowns
- Cosmetic bonding
- Professional teeth whitening
At Buxton Family Dental, you can be confident you are getting the most up-to-date treatments available!
How can cosmetic dentistry help me?
Hiding your smile or not smiling at all because you feel self-conscious can give others the wrong impression about you. They may think that you’re unfriendly, unhappy, unapproachable, or all three. Those aren’t the qualities you want to project!
However, when you know you look your best, you have the confidence to smile openly, which generates more positive emotions in you and those around you. At Buxton Family Dental, we want you to get the most out of life and having a confident, engaging smile gives you a great head start!
How can porcelain veneers improve my smile?
Veneers are thin shells of porcelain that are bonded to the front surfaces of the teeth that show when you smile. Dental porcelain is a highly durable material and has the same translucent qualities as tooth enamel. We use veneers to conceal chips or change the size, shape, positioning, or shade of your tooth to completely redesign your smile. Some of the problems that we correct with porcelain veneers placed at our Fort Collins dental office are:
- Broken or cracked teeth
- Size discrepancies
- Uneven spaces and gaps
- Worn teeth
- Mild tooth misalignment
- Severely stained teeth
How long does it take to get veneers?
Getting porcelain veneers placed takes place over two visits:
- First visit: We remove a very thin layer of dental enamel from the front surface of your tooth that’s about the same thickness as the veneer. Next, we take impressions of your teeth that we use to create a model. We use a shade guide to select the color of your new veneers, so they blend seamlessly with your smile and send the model and any other specifications to a custom dental lab where your new veneers are hand-crafted. Before you leave our office, we will place the temporary veneers on your teeth.
- Second visit: When we receive your custom veneers back from the lab, we’ll have you return to our dental office. We’ll remove your temporaries, check the veneers for proper fit, make any adjustments, and bond them securely to your teeth.
You can get the most out of your veneers by protecting your underlying teeth from decay and avoiding eating hard or crunchy foods or habits like chewing on ice that could crack or chip them.
What’s an affordable alternative to porcelain veneers?
Dental composite material consists of glass and resin particles, giving it an appearance that’s very similar to natural tooth enamel. This characteristic makes the material perfect for seamless dental fillings, but we can also use it to improve the appearance of front teeth with a procedure called cosmetic dental bonding.
We use bonding to fill in chipped or broken teeth or improve the shape of a tooth to give it a more pleasing appearance. You may hear this process referred to as direct veneers because we don’t have to send impressions to a dental lab and wait for them to be finished. We can usually complete the entire process in a single appointment, which also makes direct veneers less costly than porcelain veneers.
What’s the difference between bonding and veneers?
Bonding and veneers are used to improve the appearance of your most visible teeth.
We use dental bonding to reshape a tooth using the same natural-looking tooth-colored composite material we use for fillings. Dr. Buxton uses thin layers of this material to build up, reshape, and recontour your tooth so that it blends with your natural tooth structure.
Veneers are also used to improve the appearance of teeth that show when you smile. However, instead of placing them directly on your teeth, the veneers are customized for you by an outside dental lab. With proper care, porcelain veneers can last ten years or longer.
Dental bonding is a non-invasive cosmetic solution because we don’t have to alter your tooth. The cost of the material and time needed to complete treatment also make dental bonding a more affordable choice than veneers. Bonding is not as durable as porcelain veneers, however, so it will need to be replaced every five years.
If you’d like to know what kind of cosmetic options will best meet your needs, please schedule an appointment with us at Buxton Family Dental.
I don’t have time for in-office whitening. What options do you offer?
Teeth whitening is by far the most popular cosmetic treatment because it is fast and affordable, and it produces dramatic results in a short amount of time. Our active patients in Fort Collins enjoy the convenience of using professional take-home whitening kits at their own pace.
We provide you with customized trays made using impressions of your teeth, along with a supply of professional-strength whitening gel. Place the gel in the trays and wear them daily for about 30 minutes for two weeks. When finished, you can expect to see results that are about six to eight shades brighter than when you started.
Why is professional whitening better than store-bought products?
There are several reasons why choosing professional teeth whitening in Fort Collins is a good idea.
- The prescription-strength gel is more concentrated than what you can purchase over-the-counter
- Customized trays made using dental impressions keep the gel on your teeth and away from your gums.
- You can achieve faster, more dramatic results than you can with generic whitening products
- You have the benefit of a dental professional you can turn to for guidance or if you have a problem.
The bottom line is that you can invest a lot of time in money in over-the-counter products and still not see the results you will see with a single in-office whitening appointment.